- We provide an After School Alpine and Snowboard Program
- We provide a Bill Koch Cross Country Program
- We help defray expenses for NYSEF Programs that our members participant in
- We return entry fees to our members who have been with us at least two years and are members of good standing
- We help defray expenses for our members with specific needs- equipment or trips, etc
- We are a 501 C3 exempt We can accept donations from non-family contributors for a specific member. In turn, we refund that member for qualifying expenses using the money donated in their name.
- We honor our members at the end of the season with an awards ceremony
- We honor our Elite Team
- We are a service organization which provides instructional ski programs for area children
- As of 2011, we are 90 years
Membership to the Lake Placid Ski Club is $45 for either families or individuals. Your membership helps us give something back to the kids in our programs.
We find it necessary to charge program fees for each program. The fee varies from program to program. Please look over each program carefully.
The Town of North Elba donates less than 50% of the funds needed to run the Ski Club and its programs. Your membership and our fundraising is the other 50%
The Ski Club administers two programs, the After School Program at Whiteface and the Bill Koch Cross Country Program. We have also merged with the Lake Placid Biathlon Club.
This program is designed to teach children how to Alpine Ski and Snowboard. The children must be 6 years old and in first grade. It meets two afternoons a week, Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:45pm to 4:00pm. The skiers must be ready to leave the Ski School Meeting place at 3;00pm. The program begins the first full week that the kids are back to school after Christmas break, and ends the second week of March. Equipment can be rented through Whiteface. A school bus is also provided for transportation to and from the program
The cost of this program is $45 Ski Club Membership Fee and $125 Program Fee.
Signup not available through website. Parents and Children are
required to attend one of the sign ups.
This program teaches children the fundamentals of cross country skiing. The ages for this program is 4 years and up. 4 and 5 year olds must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. This program meets two days a week ,Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings. Skiers must have their own equipment.
The cost of program is $45 Ski Club Membership and a $10 Program Fee. Participants must be members of NYSSRA – Nordic.
This is a NYSEF Program. It is a competitive program and has produced many skiers who have competed in international competitions. Some who are close to qualifying for the Olympics. Many of the participants of this program started in Cross Country Recreational Program.
The cost of this program is the NYSEF COACHING FEES in addition to the $45 Ski Club Membership and $10 Program Fee.
To find out the NYSEF Coaching Fees for this program, got to www.nysef.org